Friday, June 13, 2008

In which I'm a selfish non-giver...


Lipstick Jungle Cowl
Originally uploaded by wannabeknittin'
So I knit something. Something I love. Something I was going to gift to someone else...but it's not happening. I just can't part with it. I really shouldn't feel bad since I gift more than half of what I knit...but still. Today I feel like the selfish non-giver. I'll get over it.







Details:
Pattern: Gloria Cowl by Orinda5
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Merino Fingering in Lipstick Jungle (held doubled)
Needles: KP Options size 8 6" circs
Mods: none
Outcome: L-O-V-E.

Labels: ,

Posted by Wannabe @ 9:50 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Love it! I'm going to have to knit one of those for me!

Posted by Blogger E @ Friday, June 13, 2008 10:18:00 AM #
 

Yay! Something you are finally keeping. Good girl. I love it, the color is awesome!

Posted by Blogger Sara @ Friday, June 13, 2008 11:31:00 AM #
 

DO NOT FEEL GUILTY!!! Get over that right now. You deserve that cowl. And it's far to pretty to give away.

Posted by Blogger Karen @ Friday, June 13, 2008 11:40:00 AM #
 

I absolutely love how it turned out. I think I may have to use my merino fingering for a cowl for me too.

Enjoy it!!!!

Posted by Blogger Michellefinaz @ Friday, June 13, 2008 1:19:00 PM #
 

Your open admission of non-giving simply paves the way for the rest of us. I love the cowl! And the colorway! And that you are keeping it all to yourself:)

Posted by Blogger peaknits @ Friday, June 13, 2008 5:15:00 PM #
 

that's a great color:o) i don't blame you for not gifting it - i bet it feels like butta;o)

Posted by Blogger Shawna @ Friday, June 13, 2008 8:03:00 PM #
 

Keep it!!! :-)

Posted by Blogger Annie @ Friday, June 13, 2008 8:33:00 PM #
 

Gorgeous! I love the color. I remember seeing that skein in her shop. It must be SO soft. :)

Posted by Blogger Emily @ Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:30:00 AM #
 

Love it, beautiful color, gorgeous job, so of course you should keep it...after all it gets SOOO cold in AZ! hahahahahaha!

Posted by Blogger Joel & Karen @ Saturday, June 14, 2008 5:17:00 AM #
 

It's perfect on you! How could you give it away!?!?

Posted by Blogger Sarah @ Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:32:00 AM #
 

First off, that's beautiful. Secondly, I wouldn't feel a bit bad about being a selfish knitter, for me personally, knitting is about the only thing I do just for myself. I've been known to knit a few gifts but generally speaking, it's a way to do something just for me. So just embrace it! And once again, beautiful!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Sunday, June 15, 2008 6:15:00 PM #
 

the color is phenomenal - love that pink! and, good for you that it is all for you! enjoy! it looks great on you :)

Posted by Blogger Lolly @ Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:45:00 AM #
 

ooo la la.

Posted by Blogger cheri @ Friday, June 20, 2008 8:47:00 AM #
 
<< Home

musac love

XM Station 818 - Flight 26

podcast love

reading

The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

viewing

Fringe, Mad Men, Man vs. Wild

eating

Vegan Yummy

drinking

Coffee with soy milk

exercising

Every moment of my day is exercise..hello, I chase after a 4 year old!

knitting

Clapotis, Donyales Socks, Highly Regarded Mitts, Berry Hill Mitts, Philadelphia Eagles Broadripples

doin' this

Photobucket


spoil me handmade

free hit counters